Posts by Isle of Smiles
Our Latest Posts
• • •
- How Isle of Smiles Began…
- Beach Breakfast in Sri Lanka!
- Sri Lankan Food!
- Dambulla Cave Temple
- Grey Langhur Monkey in Minneriya National Park
- Elephants in Minneriya National Park
- Elephants in Yala National Park and Sustainable Wildlife Conservation.Yala used to famous for elephants many years ago. Now elephant numbers are growing again. This is perhaps due to loss of migratory path habitat and encroachment of unauthorised settlements… Continue reading Elephants in Yala National Park and Sustainable Wildlife Conservation.
- First Safaris after Covid-19 lockdown to Yala, Wilpattu and Minneriya National Parks June/July 2020
- Witness “The Gathering” of Elephants.With Wildlife Photographer – Shane W.G. Bayley. Witness one of the world’s biggest elephant herds at “The Gathering” at Minneriya and Kaudulla National Parks with Isle of Smiles founder and… Continue reading Witness “The Gathering” of Elephants.
- Dambulla Cave TempleDambulla Cave Temple dates back to the 1st Century BC and is still excellently preserved. The temple, also called Dambulla Rock Temple was built into a large rocky outcrop. It… Continue reading Dambulla Cave Temple
- Scenes of Yala National ParkWhile most of us go to Yala National Park to see the abundant animals and birds, many miss the the sheer beauty of Yala’s scenery and landscapes. We must not… Continue reading Scenes of Yala National Park
• • •